Sunday, July 8, 2012
Railing Done
Well ... almost. The top rail is in and sanded. Now all I need to do is seal the wood parts with something. We used Penofin on the deck last year - could use another coat. The Penofin is a natural rosewood oil. It gave off a kind of organic/rotten stink for a week or so after we put the first coat on last year. It is tough stuff though and looks great.
One thing that is happening, and I don't believe I like it, is that contact with steel/iron stains the Batu wood. Under the roof line where the rusty rainwater drips off, the wood is very dark, almost black. The new railing is having the same effect on the boards that run under them. I got used to the dark boards under the roof line - I expect I'll get used to this too. Just a note that batu reacts to iron/steel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment